WHITE MOUNTAIN PUZZLES Inc. is committed to providing a secure and respectful shopping environment for our customers. If you have concerns about security or privacy, you can reach us in any of the following ways:
WHITE MOUNTAIN PUZZLES Inc.
PO Box 818
Jackson, NH 03846
- WHAT DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLY TO?
This Privacy Statement applies to your Personal Information collected or processed White Mountain Puzzles and its affiliated entities (collectively, “White Mountain Puzzles,” “we,” “us” or “our”) through its platforms, services, or other resources related to, distributed on, or available through this website (collectively, this “Site”). This Privacy Statement applies to your Personal Information, which can include information or a combination of information that could directly or indirectly be used to identify you, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, and any other information collected from or about you (hereinafter, “Personal Information”). Please note, the definition of Personal Information can vary by jurisdiction. If we collect information from you that is considered Personal Information in your jurisdiction, we will treat it as such in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to this Privacy Statement by posting a notice on our home page for a reasonable period of time and changing the “Last Updated” date above. So please check it periodically for updates.
- WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
We may collect or process various categories of Personal Information that you provide to us. We may disclose Personal Information to service providers, licensing partners, and retailers for business purposes. We have collected or processed the following categories of Personal Information in the last 12 months:
- Contact Information Identifiers
Identifiers sourced directly from you or from third party providers, such as data brokers or social media platforms. They are used to provide and improve the features, products and services you request; for registration and promotions; to communicate with you and provide you with information; to provide you with personalized content, information, and to send you coupons, offers and other information on our products or our family of companies; when we perform our obligations under a contract with you; and to deliver relevant advertising; and/or for research purposes.
- Customer Records: Personal Information categories contained in customer records are sourced directly from you when you call, email, place an order for products, or otherwise communicate with White Mountain Puzzles. They are used to provide and improve the features, products and services you request; to provide you with personalized content, information, and to send you coupons, offers, and other information on our products; when we perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Internet Activity: Internet or other similar network activity is sourced indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on this Site) or from third party service providers, such as a data analytics provider. They are used to provide you with personalized content, information, and to send you coupons, offers, and other information on our products or our family of companies, and/or to deliver relevant advertising.
- Inferences: Inferences drawn from other Personal Information is sourced indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on this Site) or from third party service providers, such as a data analytics provider. They are used to provide and improve the features, products and services you request; to provide you with personalized content, information, and to send you coupons, offers, and other information on our products or our family of companies, and/or to deliver relevant advertising.
- Third Party Sources: We may collect information from other sources, including contact lists, and demographic information from third parties and other sources. This data may be combined with other information that we collect and use for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Likewise, certain 3rd party service providers on this Site may collect Personal Information about you when they are performing services on our behalf and/or when you are using certain functions on this Site that are operated by these third parties. For example, our e-commerce platform provider may collect payment card information when you make a purchase. Any information, including Personal Information, collected by such third-party service providers will be subject to those 3rd parties’ privacy notices or privacy policies, rather than this Privacy Statement. White Mountain Puzzles may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that White Mountain Puzzles may serve relevant marketing offers to you via direct mail. If you do not want White Mountain Puzzles to collect information about you, please contact us to opt out.
- WHAT SPECIFIC PIECES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE COLLECTED?
- Personal contact details including information such as names, shipping addresses, date of birth, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses such as when you provide them to us during online registration, placing an order, or when doing business with us. The Site may allow you to establish a username and password to set up an account.
- Information collected from this Site and social media pages. This includes information collected when you interact with us, such as comments, photos, or other information that you post, through blogs, message boards, or social networking opportunities or other interactive forums
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address or device identifier, your device’s operating system, browser type, websites visited before or after you visit our website, pages viewed and activities at our website, as well as your interaction with advertisements.
- Third-party service and advertising partners may also collect information automatically.
- Other information we have collected from you with your consent.
- When you visit one of our locations, Personal Information may be collected from you in order to improve your shopping experience or to register you for an account or other benefits.
- WHY DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your Personal Information for a variety of legitimate purposes including:
Providing the features, products and services you request
We may use the Personal Information we collect about you to fulfill your requests for, and enable your use of, our features, products and services.
Registration, contests and promotions
We may use your Personal Information to enter you in contests if you so choose to enter, to notify you of results and to register you for certain features, products and services in line with your chosen marketing preferences.
To communicate with you and provide you with information
We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you, to respond to your questions or comments, to provide you with updates and news.
To provide you with personalized content, offers, and other information
We may use your Personal Information to provide you personalized offers and content. Where required by law, we ask visitors providing e-mail addresses to indicate if they would like further information or updates from us, such as information about the products and services available from our family of companies. We also offer visitors an “opt-out” option if they wish to cease receiving e-mails or other information from us. In some circumstance you may be asked to “opt-in” before we contact you in certain ways or before certain services may become available.
To Opt-out of relevant advertising
To stop receiving future mailings or emails from White Mountain Puzzles Inc. or to ask that your data is not shared with 3rd parties’, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call a Customer Service Representative at 800-548-8009.
To deliver relevant advertising
We may purchase and use opt-in e-mail lists to contact potential customers who we believe may be interested in products or services from the White Mountain Puzzles. We will honor opt-out requests and ask those providing lists to give us assurances that e-mail contact information is provided only for those consumers who have expressed a desire to receive offers and information by e-mail. We also may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising related to White Mountain Puzzles products and services to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This is designed so that users will see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers can display their ads to people who are most likely to be receptive.
To improve the features, products and services that we offer through this Site
We may use the Personal Information that we collect to improve the White Mountain Puzzles product offerings, services, as well as this Site and features.
When you engage with White Mountain Puzzles content through third-party social networking sites
White Mountain Puzzles may offer social networking opportunities where Personal Information may be posted and collected by White Mountain Puzzles. Be sure to check posted rules before entering the particular site. Anything you post online is public information, and we are not responsible for anything you voluntarily post online.
Contact a White Mountain Puzzles customer service or sales representative
When you contact a White Mountain Puzzles customer service or sales representative, Personal Information necessary to fulfill your particular inquiry may be requested. Such Personal Information may also be used to track a claim, open a problem report, or other administrative process that requires personally identifying you.
- HOW DO WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share or disclose your Personal Information:
- With White Mountain Puzzles.
- With White Mountain Puzzles’ licensees, retailers that offer goods and/or services, or other White Mountain Puzzles’ business partners.
- With vendors or agents. For example, we may share your Personal Information with companies we have hired to provide services on our behalf. When we share Personal Information with these other companies to provide services for us, they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose and must keep it confidential unless you otherwise consent.
- With 3rd party marketing partners for commercial use.
- Where your Personal Information may be transferred along with other business assets.
- Where we have received your direction or consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information.
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
- To conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law, to protect the integrity of the website, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
- To protect the rights or property of the White Mountain Puzzles family of companies or our customers, including enforcing the terms governing your use of the services.
- To act on a good faith belief that access, or disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of our associates, customers or the public.
- To support other legitimate business purposes including but not limited to legal compliance.
We may share anonymized or de-identified information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on this Site, and on websites of third parties. We may combine anonymized or de-identified information we collect with additional anonymized or de-identified information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated and anonymized information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed.
- WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN’S PRIVACY?
The Site is intended for adults over the age of 18. The Site does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 18 without prior verifiable parental consent. We may ask visitors to enter a birth date to restrict those who are underage from accessing certain services, websites, areas or features. If you become aware that a child under 18 has registered for our email newsletters, or otherwise provided us with their Personal Information, please report the use mailto:email@example.com. If we become aware of a user under the age of 18 providing information on this Site, we will terminate that account and purge our databases of all Personal Information provided by that user to the extent feasible.
- WHAT ARE OUR POLICIES REGARDING ONLINE INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING?
How do we serve advertisements through online interest-based advertising? At times we display ads both on our network of owned and operated websites and on the websites of third parties. When you visit one of our websites or view ads that we serve elsewhere online, you may see different kinds of ads, such as text ads next to search results or video ads on web pages. Sometimes, these ads are based on the content of the pages on which they appear. Other times, these ads are generated by matching the particular ad to your interests as inferred from your online activities that have been collected over time. With interest-based advertising, the goal is to show you ads that are most relevant to you.
To do this, we and some of our third-party advertising companies use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to collect information about your interaction with our websites and other third-party websites (“Online Data”). This Online Data generally does not identify you to us personally and, typically, it is aggregated with other data to create segments – groups of users and certain general interest categories that we have inferred based on a variety of factors. The Online Data can include:
- The webpages, products and services you view and links you click when using our websites and services as well as third-party websites;
- Our e-mails that you view and links you click on within that e-mail;
- Whether you view or click on ads that are shown to you;
- Demographic or interest data, including general geographic location derived from IP address;
- The search terms you enter when using certain search services.
We and our third-party advertising partners use this Online Data to paint a more accurate picture of the interests of the audiences with which we interact – including you – so that we can serve ads that are more relevant to those interests. In addition, our third-party advertising partners use this Online Data for a variety of other purposes, including (a) in conjunction with advertising that appears on our website or other websites, (b) for reporting website traffic, statistics, advertisement data and other interaction with ads and the websites on which they are served, and (c) to measure the effectiveness of web-based and e-mail advertisements.
Why would you want to receive interest-based ads?
Consumers like to receive interest-based ads for many different reasons. Interest-based ads are helpful because they are more tailored to your particular interests. For example, one person may see more ads for puzzles. Interest-based ads also are more likely to help you discover new products and services that are actually relevant to you and your interests. For example, individuals interested in puzzles may see an ad about the latest puzzle products. In short, receiving interest-based ads can help to improve your access to new products, services and features that are most relevant to you, which in turn could help to improve your life and social experiences. You also will not see the same ads over and over from us because the number of times you see a particular interest-based ad is limited. By opting-out of interest-based ads, you lose all of these benefits. A Note on Google Analytics — To help facilitate the delivery of relevant content, we use Google Analytics Advertising Features, which you can learn more about and opt-out from here.
How can you opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from us?
If you are no longer interested in receiving interest-based ads from this Site, you can opt-out by using the instructions below. Please note, however, that opting-out does not mean you will no longer see ads from us online. It simply means that the online ads from us you do see will not be based on your particular interests.
Depending on where you live, you may be able to access one convenient place to indicate your preferences, including the option to make one “universal” opt-out of interest-based advertising with participating entities:
In the United States, visit this site: Ad Choices.
You can also generally opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third party advertisers who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or who follow the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
When you opt-out using these methods, a cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you have opted-out of interest-based advertising. If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt-out again. These websites also provide detailed information about interest-based advertising and tips for managing your online privacy.
- COOKIES NOTICE
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Visitors to this Site use different web browsers and different computers. To make your visits as easy as possible with the technology you use, we automatically keep track of the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer) and operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac) used by a visitor, and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider. We also track the total number of visitors to this Site in an aggregate form to allow us to update and improve this Site. This data tells us if more visitors prefer certain features or areas to others, which helps us keep this Site fresh and interesting to the majority of our visitors.
- Different types of cookies used by us:
- Strictly necessary cookies let you move around the website and use essential features. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the Internet.
- Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website, e.g., which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is.
- Functionality cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
- Targeting cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognizing that you have visited our website.
How can you opt-out of cookies?
If you don't want cookies, you can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or turn off all cookies through your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Firefox). Check your browser HELP menu to learn the correct way to change or update your cookies. Alternatively, you may wish to visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of White Mountain Puzzles websites.
How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Disclosures
We do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and do not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your Personal Information.
- WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Where is your information stored and processed?
Personal Information collected on our websites and services, or received by White Mountain Puzzles from you or third parties, may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our service providers maintain facilities. The servers and databases in which Personal Information may be stored may be located outside the country from which you accessed this website and in a country that does not have the same privacy laws as your country of residence. The Personal Information you provide us may be transmitted abroad in accordance with legal requirements, but we will collect, process and use personal information only in accordance with this Privacy Statement. By visiting this website and submitting information, you consent to such collection, processing, transfer and/or storage of any Personal Information that you submit. Please note: our policies may differ by region, so if you visit one of our websites in a different region, please check to see if there is a Statement specific to that location.
How long do we store your Personal Information?
We retain and store your Personal Information only for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose to do so and in accordance with our data retention policies.
What about Personal Information that is publicly available (such as in chat rooms, message boards, or other interactive forums)?
We may offer chat rooms, message or bulletin boards, or interactive areas where visitors may post comments or information for our visitors’ enjoyment. If there is a chat room, bulletin or message board, social networking opportunities or other interactive areas where Personal Information may be posted at this website, be sure to check posted rules before entering, as you will be bound by them as well as our Terms of Service. Anything you post online is public information, and we are not responsible for anything you voluntarily post online. Users should exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information online.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the Personal Information we have collected from you.
How do we safeguard your Personal Information?
We have implemented administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. No security measures can be 100% secure, however, and so we recommend that you take additional measures to protect yourself and your Personal Information, including by installing up to date anti-virus software, closing browsers after use, keeping confidential your log-in credentials and passwords, and making sure that you regularly update software and apps you have downloaded to ensure you have enabled the latest security features on your devices.
International Transfer of Personal Information
Please note that this Site is directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using this Site, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of Personal Information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States.
- If you wish to opt out of your data being shared with 3rd parties please email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request deletion of your personal data by emailing mailto:email@example.com.
- WHAT ARE YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information provided below and put “California Consumer Data Request” in the subject line of your request.
California law affords residents of California certain additional rights:
- The right to “opt out” of processing or allowing a business to sell their Personal Information to third parties (or, for consumers who are under 16 years old, the right not to have their Personal Information sold absent their, or their parent’s, opt-in);
- The right to have a business delete their Personal Information, with certain exceptions as provided by law; and
- The right to non-discrimination to receive equal service and pricing from a business, even after exercising your rights.
California consumers can make a request related to the above noted rights by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 800-548-8009. Note that there are restrictions regarding the number of times you can exercise these rights. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Such authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
- WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WANT TO CONTACT US?
We take steps to keep your Personal Information accurate. Some White Mountain Puzzles programs provide access to view or update Personal Information online. Check where you registered to learn if you can view or update your Personal Information there.
Where our processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent, you may have the right to withdraw your consent by contacting us. Note that your withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your Personal Information based on your consent prior to your withdrawal. We are intent on resolving any issues relating to our handling of your Personal Information, and you may contact us at any time regarding any questions or concerns. We are committed to working with you to resolve any complaints you may have regarding this Privacy Statement or the treatment of your Personal Information. If you have a concern, please contact us and your communication will be promptly addressed. You may contact us email@example.com,.